Suggestions for the IT/ Music Project

After seeing dad's post on our cover of Monster Mash, I thought of a few songs that I think we should play in the picture-in-picture format.

My first idea was In Hell I'll Be In Good Company by Dead South, which we have already played and recorded before, with me on the piano, dad on the ukulele and possibly my brother Tom on the saxophone. This is what our cover of Dead South's song sounds like now:



I have just printed some sheet music for St James Infirmary Blues but it could take a while to get that piece to a playing standard. Along with St James Infirmary, we have also recently got St Louis Blues which my brother could play along with. 

We have considered La Vie en Rose and Somewhere Over the Rainbow which are ideal pieces for what we want but would need to find the sheet music or work out the melody for. I would like to play Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen but I am still learning that piece.

Are there any pieces I have mentioned or pieces that you know that you think we should play? We would love to hear suggestions in the comments of mine or dad's post.

Just finished making this little snippet that shows how the picture-in-picture effect, I have called it The Cup.


How To:

1 Record raw footage 
2 Load to iMovie on Mac 
3 Crop and Clip the raw footage
4 Add background
5 Add first track to background
6 Click on Video Overlay Settings and select picture-in-picture
7 Use drag handles to adjust size and position
8 Export background and first clip
9 Import background and first clip as single file
10 clear work area
11 Add new import and remaining clip to work area 
12 Use video overlay setting picture-in-picture 
13 Adjust size and position
14 Export and load to YouTube


Comments

Post a Comment